Cove Creek Group Campground
Cove Creek Group Campground is located in the Pisgah National Forest. The campground has two large sites available to rent. Each site allows up to 100 people for $95 a night. Each site includes a water pump, vault toilets, large picnic area with a fire pit and grill. Both sites have large grassy areas as well as wooded areas for pitching tents. The upper campground has a creek running along one side.
There are some other fantastic features about these campsites. In between the sites is a great smaller version of Sliding Rock. Kids of all ages love sliding down this rock and it’s far less crowded then the larger one. There are several trails in the area and one leads to the Cove Creek Waterfall (this web manager’s favorite waterfall).
Other things to be aware of:
- You can drive into both sites but you do have two short creek crossings (probably not ideal for low profile cars).
- There is no trash collection to the site so you will need to bring all your trash out of the site. Sometimes you can convince the nice folks at Davidson River Campground to let you dispose of it in their bins.
- You can purchase firewood from Davidson River Campground as well.
- Be prepared for rain. When we used the site recently we put up a large tarp over the picnic tables. Someone else must have thought to do the same thing because they left these great bamboo poles that we used to prop up the tarp. (Please leave them for the next group).
- Many people do hike the trails in the area so don’t be surprised if you occasionally people walking through.
This really is a lovely campground – well maintained – and beautiful!